$pagetitle = "About Us";
Analytical and Management Strengths
Cortland Associates has developed specific analytical and management strengths.
- A disciplined investment process based on rigorous fundamental analysis and continuous review of companies represented in the portfolios;
- An investment philosophy that is both risk-averse and value-oriented;
- An operating structure which strictly limits the number of clients accepted, and the number of investments held in the portfolios;
- A portfolio management team consisting solely of the firm's principals;
- An advisory board comprised of industry leaders in the fields of venture capital, leveraged buyouts, investment management, and mergers & acquisitions;
- A portfolio management team that personally invests in the same securities as those included in client portfolios.